FRIENDS OF CRESCENT BEACH, GREEN BAY AND AREA SOCIETY
Friends of Crescent Beach and Green Bay Society
Minutes of Board Meeting, July 13, 2005
Chair Bruce Raymond called the meeting to order at 7:25 p.m.
Board Members present: Jean McHarg, Eric Rafuse, Bruce Raymond, Gordon Whynacht,
Andra White, John Nichols Nichols, Jim Sewell.
Moved (Jean McHarg) seconded (Bob Fulleman) and passed to adopt minutes of Board
meeting of June 15, 2005.
Business Arising from the Minutes:
1. Graffiti on rocks needs generator and wire wheel to remove. Bob Fulleman will
2. Letter has gone to Carolyn Bolivar-Getson re beach road – no response to
3. Beach Sweep: Garbage cans are not being emptied. DNR is supposed to empty
them weekly. Bruce Raymond will contact DNR and give them keys to bins. Jean
McHarg will take key to GE’s All Trucking also.
4. Yard Sale netted $260.00 plus sale of three T-shirts. Next year sale should
be in July. Remnants went to Earl Croft benefit. Bob Fulleman to write Allison
and David Weagle to thank them for yard sale.
5. Signs for trashcans at Crescent Beach need to be installed by Bob Fulleman
and Eric Rafuse or Gordon Whynacht.
6. Jim Sewell to contact Bulletin re publicity relating to installation of
7. Walkways need rebuilding and can be done angled to beach as opposed to Vee
shaped. Bob Fulleman to contact Greg Corkum re this work.
8. AGM is August 17 at 7:00 p.m.
9. Armour rock at gap near beach entrance would help to hold dunes. Moved (John
Nichols) seconded (Jean McHarg) to buy armour rock with ACOA funds of approx
$17,000. Motion tabled pending quotes. Eric Rafuse and Bob Fulleman to discuss
work that should be done by summer’s end, including comparative quotes, cheaper
rock than quarried rock.
10. Lise Bell is looking for grasses to plant and will contact Bruce Raymond.
There are no outstanding bills.
The Yard Sale netted $260.00 plus sale of 3 T-shirts for a total of $305.00.
7 memberships received totalling $35.00
Bank Balance is $3,514.96
Annual General Meeting
1. Membership desk at entrance to collect dues.
2. Andra White volunteered to take over membership chair and will staff the
membership table at AGM.
3. Jennifer Stevens of Bluenose Action Foundation has people available.
4. We need more Board Members. Jean McHarg will ask David Weagle. Jim Sewell
will contact Linda MacDonald to ask her to return to the board.
5. Burpee Meisner’s letter of resignation was read and resignation was not
accepted. John Nichols will talk to Burpee Meisner regarding not accepting his
resignation and keeping his knowledge on tap. Discussion ensued re the need for
people like Burpee and Gordon Whynacht to continue on the Board as they have so
much knowledge of the history and subtleties of the area.
6. Members present will continue to serve. Others need to be contacted. We will
ask at the AGM for volunteers to serve on the board and be active.
7. Anne Greer was volunteered by Jean McHarg to be in charge of refreshments.
8. Bob Fulleman to provide Bruce Raymond with examples of prior AGM agendas.
9. Bruce Raymond to ask Sylvia Fullerton to be guest speaker at AGM. Jim Sewell
will first ask Donald Pentz.
Meeting adjourned at 9:08 pm until ………….
Next Board Meeting 7:15 PM Wednesday August 10, 2005 at Fulleman’s.