FRIENDS OF CRESCENT BEACH, GREEN BAY AND AREA SOCIETY
Minutes of October 10, 2001, Board of Directors Meeting.
Meeting called to order 7:35 pm.
1. Agenda: Items to be Added/Approval
2. Approval of Minutes of September 11, 2001, meeting. Moved by Jean, 2nd by Burpee. Motion passed.
1. Co-Management Committee Update: Jean moved to approach Don Downe about Crescent Beach when the Management Committee has something to ask for (it currently does not). 2nd by Tom Daley. Motion passed.
2. Treasurer's Report: Presented by Jean McHarg.
3. Appointment of Committees and Recording Secretary: Gordon moved that membership of committees consist of previous year's committee members for now, with additional members to be named as needed. 2nd by Jean. Motion passed.
4. Committee Reports: Chris Gill reported that the Committee will continue to organize hikes and to monitor legal issues if any business arises.
5. Report re Volunteer Hours and Form to be Used: A discussion on the potential fund raising benefits of recording "in-kind" volunteer efforts on behalf of Friends. Jean agreed to estimate volunteer time contributions since the Beach Sweep. Board members agreed to collect times & people with "in-kind" contributions since June 2001 by the next board meeting. Motion to that effect by Jean, 2nd by Tom, motion passed.
6. Update on Sperry's Beach: Doug Bell gave a report on recent developments.
1. Trail Workshop: Chris Gill reported the date of the Lunenburg County trail workshop has been changed to November 17 (Saturday). Peter Bell and Tom Daley will attend from the Board. Jim White will also attend.
2. Crescent Beach Proposal: Chris Gill presented a proposed plan for work on Crescent Beach. It was decided that on beach walk to study Crescent Beach issues will be held October 27 at 10:00am at Crescent Beach.
3. Other Business:
The next meeting will be held at Linda MacDonald's on November 14th.
Motion to adjourn made by Peter Bell at 9:35pm. Motion passed.