FRIENDS OF CRESCENT BEACH, GREEN BAY AND AREA SOCIETY
Minutes of September 11, 2001, Board of Directors Meeting.
- Doug Bell
- Peter Bell
- Paul Corkum
- Tom Daley
- Karen Dempsey
- Terry Durnavich
- Chris Gill
- Neiff Joseph
- Linda MacDonald
- Jean McHarg
- Burpee Meisner
- John Nichols
- Pete West
1. Karen called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m. and welcomed
new and returned members of the Board.
2. Agenda distributed and reviewed.*
2A. It was moved by Jean and seconded by Pete that the Agenda be
approved with 2 additions and alterations (election of new officers
set to end of meeting). Motion carried.
3. June 12th, 2001 Board Minutes were read by Karen, It was moved
by John to approve and seconded by Jean that the Minutes be
approved as read. Motion carried.
1. Karen gave a brief verbal report on the AGM of August 18th,
2001 and indicated that the reason we didnít have a speaker from
outside our group was because we originally had the ball rented for
only two hours and had considerable business of our own to take
care of within this time frame.
2. Karen gave a brief verbal update on Sperrys Beach; Doug Bell
reiterated our position of supporting the moving of the fence,
3. John gave a brief verbal update on the Co-management Committee
indicating that we will proceed with a beach management plan, but
without a formal agreement with DOT and DNR; discussion ensued.
4. Burpee Meisner, Chair of the Membership Committee, gave a brief verbal report On membership, noting that the membership list
has recently been Updated and we now have approximately 330
members. It was moved by Burpee and seconded by Jean that the period of membership return to the fiscal year in order to coincide
with the Societyís fiscal year.
5. Chris Gill gave a brief verbal update on the Old Shore Road
6. It was moved by Burpee and seconded by Pete West that monthly 4
Board meetings be held on the second Wednesday of each month at
Meeting times were discussed and Terry Durnavich asked that
we hold at least some meetings on Saturday mornings.
Motion carried with one dissenting vote.
7. Tom Daley suggested that the group start keeping track of all
volunteer hours with respect to fundraising. Jean will look into
a type of form she has available to her.
8. Election of Officers:
It was moved by Peter Bell and seconded by Burpee Meisner that
the following people be elected as officers for the 2001/2002 year:
John Nichols, Chair
Chris Gill, Vice Chair
Terry Durnavich, Secretary
Jean McHarg, Treasurer
*No Treasurerís Report was given as the books were all at the
accountant Lyle Tilley Davison - for preparation of our Income
Tax Return. Terry did note that Jeanís family gave a donation from
ē their family reunion of $150.00 and John made a donation of $250.00
as a result of a TV commercial being made on Crescent Beach and involving his property this past summer.
9. THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE HELD ON OCTOBER 10TH, 2001 AT 7:30
P.M. AT THE HOME OF BURPEE MEISNER.
10. The meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m. No discussion, motion carried.